Tuesday 25 January 2011

Alien Mothership

Where do Aliens come from? ... Why a Giant Spaceship of course!!

After designing the Tank Alien I started on the Alien Mothership floating in the sky. We split the design work so I designed the Mothership while Joe designed the Alien Weapon that the Hero is trying to get to.

I'm not used to designing vehicles so it was a bit tricky to get into but I'm very happy with the end result.
The idea for the Spaceship is that, as the Alien race is a mining colony, there's a giant piece of rock attached onto the ship that the Aliens mine for resources to power the Spaceship itself and the giant plasma gun that hangs under it. There's also a huge city like area where the Alien race live and work.


Here's some of my design sheets. I started off with some silhouettes then went onto drawing on paper, but that didn't work, so I went back to the silhouettes and played around with them. There's also a couple of Pre-Viz's which I'm really happy with ... they are MUCH better than my Tank one!! :

1 comment:

  1. This is looking awesome! I can't wait to see how it develops!

    ReplyDelete