Wednesday 19 January 2011

Tank Alien

During Pre-Production I designed the Big 'Tank' Alien for our film.
I had trouble at the beginning designing the Tank but I'm very happy with how it turned out.
My final design was inspired by the 'Tree Man' skin disorder (Epidermodysplasia Verruciformis).

The Tank is the wild beast of the Alien race. He has hooks in his body and a technological handcuff which the other Aliens use to keep him tamed.
They use the Tank as a digging tool, forcing him to use his deformed, boulder like hand to smash through rock hard surfaces to get to the resources that the Alien race crave so much.
His skin is very hard which prevents him from being injured by flying debris while digging. In the film his skin also protects him from being injured by human bullets.


Here's some of my design sheets so you can see the process I went through while designing the Tank Alien. I've also included a little Pre-Viz image at the end which shows him in-situ:


No comments:

Post a Comment